Saturday, February 7, 2009

Self-Reflection on my last night in Zurich

After dinner, hubby and I took a nice stroll along the lake to enjoy our last night in Switzerland. What a fantastic break it has been! To be honest, I'm not looking forward to returning back to my mundane life. As we were strolling, we were taking in the sights, scenes and sounds in utter silence. Enjoying the chill air caressing our faces...what an elegant beauty of nature it is! Suddenly, out of no where, I was struck by a train of dumbfounding questions. And in all brutal honesty, it started consuming me. I am a daughter, a god-daughter, a granddaughter, a daughter-in-law, a wife, a sister, a sister-in-law, an aunt, a cousin, a niece, a friend, a teacher, a counselor. But if I strip myself down to my innermost being without all these roles and identities, who am I? What is my calling in this world? What is my anchor? Where will I get my answers? Most importantly, when? As usual, the same ole mantra for all these baffling questions of mine. And that is...ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your contribution is very much appreciated. Thank You :)